Our partner Enaleia is organizing for the 1st year the educational course about sustainable fishing & fishing tourism , entitled “Fish Smarter” in collaboration with the Cyclades Preservation Fund and the Costas M. Lemos Foundation.
Read our interview in the local press (in Greek)!
Fish Smarter aims to give a full perspective of what fishing tourism is as a concept, as well as one professional fisherman can obtain a license for that and how he can attract tourists. In addition, if needed, more information on other sustainable fishing techniques is provided.
The training program aims to:
- empower the coastal fishing
- induct young people into professional fishing
- decompress the already reduced fish stocks
- increase the income of fishermen
- boost the local economy by creating new jobs and increase tourist attraction to the island.