Are you a creative strategic thinker who loves nature, storytelling and developing fundraising communication campaigns for maximum impact?
Great, you’re in the right place then, please read on.
The Cyclades Preservation Fund (CPF) is a not-for profit Association established in 2018 to support sustainable initiatives and to promote the preservation of the exceptional beauty and natural value of the Cyclades, Greece. The cornerstone of our mission is the empowerment of local communities, backed up by investment in the local environment and education of visitors, local businesses and residents about how they can preserve the natural environment by making the right choices when it matters the most. We raise funds from individuals, corporates, and international foundations to support conservation projects of local entities, as well as to run campaigns and educational activities. The CPF is a member of the Conservation Collective, a global network of 20 local foundations funding effective grass-roots conservation initiatives to protect the environment, restore nature and safeguard against climate change.
As we grow, we are looking for a communication & fundraising specialist with strategic insights who will help us to improve how we tell the story of the CPF and how we feature the benefits/impact of its different grants and programs. Reporting to the Executive Director of the CPF he/she will be responsible for the development and execution of communication & fundraising campaigns that will inspire giving among both new and existing donors and generate increased awareness of CPF.
- To develop a fundraising/communications plan, which will connect new and current supporters and donors with the impact of the CPF work in a creative, comprehensive and measurable way. The plan will need to define the effective exploitation of the current communication tools (website, social media, printed material, events), update them and/or propose new ones, if needed.
- To develop, implement and evaluate multi-channel brand and communication campaigns with a focus on fundraising outcomes to reach and engage new supporters.
- To develop and increase engagement of current members and supporters through strengthened & dedicated donor communication. Identify new potential supporters and develop approach strategy and relevant material.
- Research and identify new opportunities for increased CPF visibility.
- Suggest and support events that will strengthen relationships with the CPF, while providing stakeholder recognition.
- Identify needs for relevant promotional material and develop production plans. Coordinate and overlook its production.
- Collaborate with the CPF & CC team to improve awareness of our work to a global audience.
- Report on effectiveness of communications and marketing campaigns.
- Contribute to writing and submitting partnership proposals to active donors, foundations, selected businesses, and other relevant stakeholders, according to the strategic priorities of the Association.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have proven professional experience of at least three years in the field of communication with a focus on fundraising & marketing for the charitable sector. Familiarity with the environmental subject will be considered an additional qualification.
- Have the ability to work within a specific communication framework, messaging and corporate identity rules.
- Be a great communicator with outstanding written Greek and English.
- Be confident working remotely as part of a small team.
- Be able to efficiently prioritize and report on agreed action plans.
- Have the ability to meet deadlines, write and follow schedules.
- Have a focus on attention to detail, creative and collaborative spirit.
- Have the experience to identify and manage press and PR opportunities.
- Be comfortable with using (or learning to use) all social channels, digital communications and marketing software: MS Office suite, Canva, Mailchimp, Insta, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, WordPress, Salesforce, GoDaddy, Stripe.
- Have the flexibility to travel regularly.
- Be enthusiastic and motivated; share our values!
Please send your application (CV & Cover letter) in Greek & English to email@example.com by 20th (updated) July 2023.